Wednesday, March 7, 2007

What's happening to the DS Wario franchise?

I'm not quite ready to give up on the series yet, but 1UP has a review of Wario: Master of Disguise saying roughly that the game is pretty piss poor. In all fairness, Metacritic has it rated a bit higher, but not quite high enough that I'll pick it up. I love the WarioWare for the Gamecube, but every Wario outing on the DS I've tried, I've hated with a passion (all 1 of them). It's beyond me why WarioWare: Touched got such good ratings. The minigames are nowhere near as good as its Gamecube counterpart, and the non-skippable story mode drove me batshit. Maybe it's just the DS Wario games that are a problem, because I've heard the Wii version is pretty good (good reviews too).

I really do hope they start making better DS Wario games, if only because it'll be another few months before I can afford to get a Wii.